Jointly organized by
Department of Botany, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati &
AP Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Board, Hyderabad
DR. K.P. SRIVASUKI, IFS
CEO, AP Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Board
We extend a cordial invitation to the “International Seminar on Medicinal Plants & Herbal products” organized jointly by the Department of Botany, S.V. University and AP. Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Board, Hyderabad from 7th to 9th March 2008 at S.V.University, Tirupati.
Tirupati is a world famous temple town with a population of about 3lakhs and attracts about 1 lakh pilgrims every day from all over the world. Tirupati town is surrounded by other interesting places like Tirumala (Lord Balaji Temple), Srikalahasti, Kanipakam, Tiruchanur, Mangapuram and Chandragiri Fort etc. Tirupati is well connected by Air, Rail and Road. Air services are available from Hyderabad, New Delhi, Bangalore and Visakhapatnam. It is 135 kms from Madras and 250 kms from Bangalore. During the month of March the temperature ranges between 30 - 35°C. The university campus is about 3kms from Bus/Railway stations.
- Cultivation, propagation and biotechnology of medicinal plants.
- Conservation of medicinal plant resources.
- Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry.
- Ethnomedicine and Ethnopharmacology.
- Herbal cosmetics and neutraceuticals.
- Medicinal plants in Ayurveda, Siddha and other traditional systems of medicine.
- Quality control and marketing of herbal products.
- Medicinal Plants Informatics.
- Patents & Intellectual property rights (IPR) on medicinal plants.
The participants are invited to submit abstracts of original contribution for presentation during the seminar, (we humbly request all to send a copy of the abstract through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org). The abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of their scientific merit by the experts.
The abstract should include Title (in capital letters); Author(s) name(s) (with presenter’s name underlined) and institutional address. The abstract typed in double space should be as informative as possible and should not exceed more than 300 words. The abstract in duplicate along with the duly filled-in registration form should reach the Organizing Secretary by 31st January 2008. Notification of accepted papers will be communicated to the presenting author and listed in our web page (http://ismphpabstracts.blogspot.com/).
Proceedings of Seminar
Efforts will be made to publish the seminar proceedings. An electronic copy of the Full-length paper should be submitted as per Current Science (India) journal format. Authors are advised to note that only those papers which are submitted prior to presentation will be considered for publication in the proceedings.
5. Practical Demonstrations
i) Traditional bone setting by Puttur doctors, ii) Yoga, iii) Herbal beautification iv) Health drinks and v) Herbal healing.
6. INTERNATIONAL HERBAL EXPO- 2008
The following exhibitions will be organized during the seminar:
i) Medicinal plants Exhibition
ii) Trade information on herbal products and
iii) Display of Medical & Scientific equipment and literature.
Those who wish to exhibit* their products must register in the prescribed form and reserve the stalls.
One stall 2.5 X 3 = 7.5 Sq. Mtrs Area, Rs.3,000/-
Two Stalls 2.5 X 6 = 15 Sq. Mtrs Area, Rs. 5,000/-
Three Stalls 2.5 X 9 = 22.5 Sq. Mtrs Area, Rs. 7,000/-
Facilities Stalls are with three side cloth wall, one Table, Two chairs, Two lights, and one plug point.
* Exhibitors are required to get their own display material.
It is also proposed to honour distinguished scientists/teachers, herbalists, herbal medical practitioners/manufacturers, medicinal plant conservators and farmers with the following awards:
- Merit of Excellence Award
- Talented Scientist Award
- Talented Medical Practitioner Award
- Young Scientist Award
- Talented Conservator Award
- Outstanding farmer Award
- Outstanding Herbal Medical Formulator/Promoter Award
Awards will also be given for the best paper & poster presentation. Nominations for all the above awards should be sent in prescribed forms on or before 31st January 2008 along with a brief curriculum vitae and major contribution for the development of medicinal plants and herbal products (for details please visit http://ismphp.blogspot.com/).
All participants are requested to register for the seminar by sending the filled-in Registration form along with prescribed fee on or before 31St January 2008.
- Foreign delegates : US$ 150 (up to 31st January 2008); US$ 200 (from 1st February 2008 & spot registration)
- Indian delegates : Rs. 700/- (up to 31st January 2008) ; Rs. 1000/- (from 1st February 2008 & spot registration)
- Students** : Rs. 500/- (up to 31st January 2008) ; Rs. 700/- (from 1st February 2008 & spot registration)
** Must submit a certificate of status from the head. Research associates will come under delegate category.
All accompanying persons must register (Adults 75% & Children below 12 years 50% of the registration fee will be charged). The registration fee will cover local hospitality and seminar stationery. The fee may be sent by Demand draft in favour of Organizing Secretary, International Seminar on medicinal plants & herbal products, payable at Tirupati, INDIA.
9. TRAVEL SUPPORT
In view of the paucity of funds the delegates are advised to make their own arrangements for travel. However, partial support to a limited number may be considered.
10. SIGHT SEEING Visit to Tirumala Hills, the abode of Lord Venkateswara (Balaji) will be arranged on payment of Rs300/- per delegate. Those who wish to stay overnight at Tirumala Hills should inform the Organizing Secretary in advance so as to make early reservations on extra payment of Rs.300/. or they can also book ttdsevaonline by clicking this link.
Accommodation would be provided to limited number of delegates in university/TTD guest houses at nominal charges(Rs.200/- per day). Participants who wish to stay in hotels should indicate their preference and are advised to intimate and send advance payments or they can book online by clicking the selected hotel.
The approximate tariff in other Hotels is given below.
Single room Non-AC RS.600/-per day
Double room Non-AC Rs. 700/- per day
Double room AC Deluxe: Rs.l000/-per day
Department of Botany S.V. University
Ph: 91 -877-2248267 (R)
e-mail : email@example.com